Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Shall it be named “The Imbalance Factor” ?

This piece may be boring, informative, funny, and stupid or whatever it is. But since it was boring for me, I thought of recording my thoughts here at this moment.

I had to find time to sleep, find time to relax, find time to just chill out. Those were the crucial days of my project. My swipe history had an average of 15 hours for six months. I desperately waited for my project to come to an end, as the next day I would be moved to bench.
Finally the day had come, I was on cloud nine, felt like have achieved something extra-ordinary. After all I was moved to bench!
I was so excited to be paid jobless at the moment. As other bench mates, I passed my time by reading useless forwards, orkutting etc. Days passed slowly, and it had been a month since I was moved to bench. This was the point at which, life started boring. Yes, how long do I read forwards, how long do I orkut, how long do I sit idle? I felt those crucial days were better than these idle days.

Soon after two months of bench, again I was assigned to a new project. Again work started pouring in my side; I had to extend my stay in office than normal. My swipe history graph rose gradually. Now I wished the bench life back!

Well, this each and every software professional might have come across in his/her day to day schedule. Is it the mind’s imbalance or it’s the work imbalance? The answer may differ for; each and every person perceives things in their own way.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...