Tuesday, August 19, 2008

The Pursuit of Happyness !

I always felt if I have ever reciprocated to the care and affection that they had shown to me throughout my life. During schooling they got me whatever I wanted. During college, they gave me pocket money. When I was sick, she never slept. They bared all the useless complaints I make about the home food or the things they bought for me. I was not matured then.

Now it’s almost three years, where I am trapped in the so called a techie’s crap life which has the buzz words: Out Station- Bachelor – Office – Work or No Work – Sleep – Office – Weekend – Junk food, Home town – Once in one or two months.

I am back to office now after a 10 day vacation. I was cherishing the moments of my vacation. I felt very happy as I had time to spend with my parents. They also felt very happy. I was single and matured enough to share words with them. I don’t know if I could get another vacation like this. I do not know if they ever expect me to do anything for all that they had done for me till now.

I was about to leave my home to catch the train, it was then my father inserted a 500 rupee note in my pocket. I was surprised and dumb as tears rolled down slowly. It was a precious moment. Well my father had given me pocket money always during school, college, and the most during my unemployed days. But this moment made me to realise, I am always their little child. Should I call it "The Pursuit of Happyness" ?


They are always my caring mom and dad. How am I going to reciprocate? – The question which has infinite answers.

13 comments:

Rahul Chaudhary said...

beautifulllll!!!

and its really true about home cooked food that the importance of it is only known when one gets deprived of this celestial boon for any reason whatsoever.

love

Bleeding words said...

Hey really a nice post!
I actually thought of writing a review for this film but u have given in a different way i suppose with your personal experience!

V actually learn what is happiness wen v r deficient of it! v never value it ven v have it!

Matangi Mawley said...

good post! :)

Gayathri said...

that is really an emotion situation when our parents us give money even when we earn
touching post...

Ratzzz said...

:-) my pop used to drop me at school rite from my kindergarten.. it continued till my first day at coll... he insisted to come with me to MP just to drop me at my work place on the first day...

Parents.... sighs... missing them..

Rinzu said...

omg... that was touching... parents are the gods we can see for the unseen god cundt be present with everyone and everywhere...

so he made "parents"....
:)

Kishore said...

@zorba, priya, matangi, gayathri, rat, rinzu :

Thanks for dropping by. Parents are indeed the invaluable assets.

Arjun said...

So touching man.... really..!!
It's certainly 'The Pursuit Of Happyness'.
How amazing isn't it...One day we sit back and think abt all this and realize tear breaking instances..
I think tat itself is reciprocation...

This is my first visit to ur blog..Will keep visiting..
Keep Posting...!!

Cheers..!!
Arjun

pooja said...

thats v beautifully written, i think most of us realize the value of things when we dont have them wid us...
pooja :)

Anonymous said...

Parents will always be parents..
Whenever there is difficulty in life, all I want to do is go and sleep in mom's lap and it doesn't things disappear but it just feels like everything is going to be OK!

me said...

I think we can reciprocate by respecting them and loving them infinitely and not forsaking them in their old age :)

Bugs said...

Hey Kishore ...such a great writing da... reading ur blog made my eyes water.. I miss my parents...

Anonymous said...

A very nice thought kishore, expressed in a touching way, reminding all of us of our parents. Its the only thing we can be sure of that wont be changing with time, its our parents' love and care...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...