Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Amazing start...


Neither do I speak telugu nor I am from Andhra. Yet, I was amazed at the overwhelming crowd yesterday in Tirupathi cheering “Chiru…Chiru” in Tirupathi. It was unusual for the local residents who always hear "Govinda..Govinda". The reason being none other than their own Mega Star’s official party launch. I actually know Chiranjeevi as a telugu super star and have watched a couple of films. And that’s all I know about him and nothing else. If it was NTR and MGR in the 80’s, it’s Chiru’s turn to prove his mettle.

My colleagues were all discussing about this party launch for almost a couple of days. I hardly peeped in as I am a stranger to the topic, which was totally irrelevant to me at any direction. It was only when I saw the party launch telecasted in TV and all the media experts speak about it. In fact I didn’t even understand a bit of telugu. Media people estimated that around 10 Lakh people from various parts of the state would have gathered yesterday during the party launch.

One thing that grabbed my attention is the posters of Dr.Ambedkar, Mahatma Gandhi and Mother Teresa used as one of the USP’s for promoting his party. May be it’s an old trick. The other thing is that many physically challenged persons came all their way to cheer their super star. It reminded me of the Tamil movie “Mudhalvan” (“Nayak” in Hindi).

At times I wonder, how cinema and politics are tied up together, especially in South India. Will Chiranjeevi create a revolution in Andhra politics? (Fingers crossed!)

4 comments:

Gayathri said...

even i know him as an actor only and one good thing i ve heard , his fans could take a snap with him if they donate blood... may be the effect of this party launch is going to be great in forth coming election

Tarun said...

nice blog dude ...

Arjun said...

Same with me Kishore..!! I was totally amazed at the number of people that turned up....
Just for any human being, wat an eye-candy it'll be to see so many people come for just him.... Really amazing, how cinema reaches to the masses...
Abt chiranjeevi, I've got a good opinion abt him till date... But politics is a dirty place now....
Since he has already got name, fame n money, i suppose he would be geniunely into social service....
Anyway, lets see..

Cheers..!!
Arjun

Dr. Reaps said...

I hope that he wud be able to redefine the meaning of democarcy politics in aNdhra

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...