Friday, July 11, 2008

Is that what I wanted to cherish ?


I am in Bangalore and it’s almost two and a half years. Still I fuss over the food here. And this is especially making sense for the non-cooking-bachelor who comes from the southern part of Tamilnadu. There are a quite few restaurants that offer food of our style but yet we can’t afford it always. At times when I don’t like the food here, I’ll say to myself… “This time when I go home, I should go to either Konar Mess or Kumar Mess.”

The moment I go home, I never eat out and always prefer eating my mom’s food. Of course nothing in the world is tastier than mom’s food. Kumar Mess and Konar mess never come in my mind. There were days during my childhood when I make a fuss about having milk in the night served at my desk. I should only drink it and that’s the only thing I should do. And Today?

I would not have realised this elixir if I had not stayed away from my mom, dad and of course my Madurai.

2 comments:

me said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
me said...

Hi Kishore. Thanks for dropping by my blog and posting your comments on the thoughts :)

I completely agree with what you have written here 'nothing in the world is tastier than mom’s food.' SERIOUSLY, REALLY! Only when I was away from home did I even realize that, my mother's cooking is the best in the world. I think its because she makes it with one extra ingredient 'love' and that love, you cannot find anywhere in this world :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...