Friday, July 17, 2009

The Weekend - Delightful, Extraordinary !!

July 4th Saturday Morning 6’o clock. The weather was very cold. I was standing in one of the platforms of the Bangalore East Station with my jerkin on. It was the second visit for my parents in my three years of stay here, but first visit for my bro and grand ma. I was excited. This time they had come fully prepared. They had brought the home made karahs, Murukkus, Rava Ladoos in tins.

It was really nice having them here in my home. They gave a positive comment on the way we maintained our home. No no..we are still a bachelor… he he ! I hired a car and took them to my office. They would have had a rough draft of my work place and when they saw in real, they were very happy. It’s the same feel when we go to onsite and see things for the first time..though I have no words to describe… Amidst the distance between places and the traffic in Bangalore, I could take them only to Shiva Temple and ISKCON during the remaining hours of the day. Next day my mom and grand ma (mom’s mom) had planned to prepare food for us. So in the evening we went to the nearby shops to get the grocery and other vegetables. It is just a simple ordinary task which is done day-to-day. I don’t know, even this simplest task made me rejoice.

July 5th Sunday Morning. It was not the usual lazy Sunday morning. My mom waked me up at 6 am or even earlier, an unusual scene in the bachelor’s dome. She served us coffee. I like her filter type decotion Coffee. She then prepared her favourite Poori and Channa masala. I felt everything was at my reach. Me and my room mates had the break fast, and all were gearing ourseleves for the lunch. I have never seen our kitchen so busy all these years. Even the uninvited Cat smells and peeps in often. The lunch menu was obviously non veg and I had asked to prepare Fish as we don’t often eat fish outside. After the heavy meal, we took a short nap and then planned to go to the Commercial Street.

I should say the weather in Bangalore during their visit was fantastic. The sun hesitated to shine brighter. The rain hesitated to fall off fully. It was a light drizzle here and there and the gentle cool breeze all through made us to switch off the fans. This sort of weather cannot be possible at my home town Madurai unless any geographical change happen. They just enjoyed the weather here. Sunday Evening and the next day fully were spent on shopping.

July 6th Monday 9.20 pm, they were waiting in the Cantonment Station to board the Tuticorin Express.I went with them to send off . I have never seen this train come earlier than 9.30 pm in this station. This time to my surprise, it arrived at time. They all felt very happy spending their weekend with me here in Bangalore and me too.

July 7th Tuesday 6.45 am, My mobile alarm beeps! Oops there is no body to wake up! I had to go out to drink coffee. I had to go to office. I had to have break fast in the office. The regular weekday routine continues… :)

1 comment:

Gayathri said...

of course it will be gr8 when our loved ones come to our place and we take them out, do everything for them, we show this city to them. we always just fill our tummy by whatever we get not having food for taste. 'home made food in such situation' I can realize the happiness- the same I had when we cooked in hostel.
//The sun hesitated to shine brighter. The rain hesitated to fall off fully.//
such a nice portray

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...