Saturday, March 13, 2010

Sushi...is not my loaf of bread!

I always had the thirst to try food at different restaurants and different menus. Though I could not remember the name of the recipe, mostly I liked it, at the least I could manage to eat it! But this time things went out of my way and it was really a very bad experience. May be I did not adapt to Sushi!

It was a team lunch with my client! And they are all a very big fan of these Sushi food. Well, I never had this before and I was excited to try it. We were in the restaurant and we were all set to order! I got my menu ! I was totally confused, what to have! The sushi menu had their own Japanese words. Except for the key words like shrimp, crab, scallop...I could not understand anything.

The sushi style is something like small rolls where in they will have the meat wrapped with several layers containing rice and sausage. I finally managed to order shrimp and crab tempura with rice....I could nt recollect. Another thing was the use of chopsticks. It was the first time I am using it. Ofcourse I had to ask how to use it. Its not as easy as it is for them.

My food was served. The first shock for me is it was a plain rice, along with this main stuff I had ordered. I cannot eat plain rice you see. We always gulp it with Sambhar, rasam, curd. It was the first unusual thing. I had to mix it with soya sause and eat it. That was horrible! I managed to take one of the roll using the chopstick and dip it in the soya sause, and managed to dump it in my mouth. What happened next is the most embarrasing moment! I felt it was a raw shrimp, probably they just boiled. I was sitting before my client.. neither could I spit it out nor could I swallow. Unwillingly, daringly gulped a few and left the remaining.

It was probably not my choice of food. We are always used to overcook the food with all masala spices added to it. I am not complaining about Sushi but it is not my loaf of bread!
May be a better dining experience next time!

1 comment:

Gayathri said...

enna koduma idhu, treat ku poi vegadha soru sapidanuma. I was visualizing al those u narrated :-). nalla saapatla kuzhi thondi sambar oothi sapdara maari varuma :-). adhu enna Sushi namma ooru ponnu peru mari?? Anyway need to try al these sometimes rite...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...