Monday, September 8, 2008

In the name of God...


Two weeks back a couple of groups knocked each one’s door in my street. They claimed to be the residents of my area and they wanted to celebrate Ganesh Chathurthi. No surprises! It was the usual collection they ask for, every year. Are they theists..(?). Why are they keen in celebrating this festival in the roads? If they are interested, why not spend their money? Why ask me? I am not an atheist, but I was not interested to aid them either.

The day came, the Ganesha procession was being held in the streets of my area! One of the guys was getting liquor from a shop in the corner of my street and was dancing before the idol.


I wondered...Why is all these? In the name of God…


1 comment:

me said...

This and lot of other things are happening in the name of God. Communal violence and riots, killing, corruption, domination... everyone just needs a reason to go ahead with their acts and whom best to place a bet on than God, the unseen?!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...